Sunday, April 22, 2012

How Much To Feed My Puppy Jacky?

My puppy, Jacky, is still in the growing stage. Just like other new puppy owners, I often feed him as much as possible. I hope that enough nutrients will make him happier and allow him to grow faster. I just think it in a very simple way. The more I feed him, the healthier he will be. In his daily diet, I always make his bowl full of food. I am just afraid it is not enough for him. There is only one thing in my mind, more is better than less.

If you have read my old post, you will know that I choose the premium dog food, Taste of The Wild, for my puppy Jacky. And he seems to love this dog food very much. And I am also very happy to see that he grows very fast. Until my friend came to my home, his suggestion changed my mind.

More is not always better than less, especially for feeding puppies. Sometimes it could be a huge mistake. Because new puppy owners often have a tendency to overfeed young puppies, it can be easy for them to overeat. Now, the fact is my puppy Jacky is slightly overweight. My friend tells me that controlling puppy Jacky's weight is very important for a variety of reasons. It's bad to set habits that will continue throughout his life, leading him to a troubled life with full of obesity and health problems. If Jacky was overweight, he would be less active and enjoyable, and could lead to extra expenses from health complications and increased food consumption.



It is time to reconsider how much to feed my puppy Jacky. Over feeding doesn't mean healthy feeding. My friend tells me that I need to feed him according to his current age and current weight. And this is the only way to let him grow healthily.

No comments:

Post a Comment